Joystick

Mahayana Godoy mahayanag at gmail.com
Mon Jun 9 23:53:11 UTC 2008

Thanks a lot, David!

I wrote to PST staff and received this answer:

"Dear Mahayana,

Although E-Prime 2.0 does support adding the Joystick device through the
user interface, it does not support the use of the Joystick as an Input
Mask. Only E-Prime 2.0 Professional supports the latter feature. To use the
Joystick as input, you will have to access it manually using script. Please
see our Knowledge Base topic FEATURE: Joystick
Device<http://www.pstnet.com/e-prime/support/kb.asp?TopicID=1249>for
detailed information about accessing the Joystick in script."

It's weird because in this KB Topic they suggested it's said I can add a
joystick as an input mask in EP 2.0:

"Once the Joystick device has been added to the Experiment object, you can
add it as an input mask on any response object. To do so, open the object's
Property Pages and navigate to the Duration/Input tab. Click the "Add"
button and select the Joystick device. You can then specify the allowable
buttons (1-4 in E-Prime 2.0; 1-8 in E-Prime 2.0 Professional)"

Well, well, well... Now i'm getting confused!