EP2 pop-ups & backuups (was: Re: E-Prime on bootcamp)

David McFarlane mcfarla9 at msu.edu
Tue Oct 28 17:33:07 UTC 2008

Rick,

>Just getting used to working with E-Prime. A couple of quick questions
>(if this is allowed/encouraged on this list):

Questions (and answers) allowed & encouraged on this list.  Do please
change the subject line if you ask a new question instead of
contribute to an existing one.

>1) Anyone know how to turn off the properties pop-up box that shows up
>when the mouse pointer hovers over an item in the structure window? This
>is driving me nuts, as it obscures my view and I have the properties box
>open below the structure box by default!

I take it you are working in E-Prime 2.  These pop-ups go away if you
leave the mouse alone for about 4 seconds.  Still an annoyance, but
they will go away.  I too would like to know if you find an answer,
as I have not found a use for this feature yet.  But perhaps if I
gave it a try I might find it useful.

>2) Does E-Prime create automatic backups, as does MS Word, for example?
>I just had E-Prime crash after a bit of work and it seems like its lost
>for good. I'm getting flashbacks from the nineties here...:)

Try Tools > Options, General Tab.  Enable "Automatically backup most
recently saved copies of my experiment".  Click "Copy backup
experiments to the desktop..." to recover them.  I think this has
been covered better in earlier posts here or in the PST Forum, please
search the archives.