Multiple Choice Testing

David McFarlane mcfarla9 at msu.edu
Mon Sep 8 19:28:37 UTC 2008

>Just a few general thoughts...  If I had to "freeze" the random
>order of a list, I might start with putting my items in a list under
>Unreferenced E-Objects, and set the list selection to random.  Then,
>in script, I would create my real list by using list methods such as
>List.AddLevel, etc.

Oops, it may not be clear that in this script I would create the real
list by sampling items from the first, randomized list that I put
under Unreferenced E-Objects.  E.g., if we call the original,
randomized list "BaseList", and call the real, sequential list that
we will use "StimList", and the attribute of interest in both lists
is "Stim", then we will use lines like

StimList.SetAttrib iLevel, "Stim", BaseList.GetNextAttrib("Stim")

where iLevel is a level of the new list.  I have left out a bunch of
supporting script, but you should be able to figure out the rest.