Habituation with E-Prime

David McFarlane mcfarla9 at msu.edu
Tue Aug 18 14:58:44 UTC 2009

Chris,

At 8/13/2009 02:37 PM Thursday, you wrote:
>         set theResponseData = Keyboard.History(Keyboard.History.Count - 1)

<snip>

>I keep getting an "operator mismatch error" on the line pointed out
>with >>>>

Just offhand, theResponseData is an object, it does not itself have a
value and so it makes no sense to compare it to another value such as
"5", hence the "operator mismatch error".  You have to compare "5" to
some appropriate property of your theResponseData object, e.g.,

If theResponseData.RESP = "5" Then

Please see the InputDevice.History topic in the online E-Basic Help,
also any basic introductory text in object-oriented programming.