parallel port communication: event markers

sofia laureano sofia.schelten at gmail.com
Thu Jul 2 11:28:10 UTC 2009

Hi there all,

I have an experiment in e-Prime and I am trying to link it to PsychLab
equipment. Basically what I need is to programme the task so that it
sends signals through the parallel port to the psychophysics data
acquisition unit.

So far, what I’ve done was to create an Inline object (called
Proposal) which I’ve inserted just before Proposal. The inline
contains the following code:

Proposal.OnsetSignalEnabled = True
Proposal.OnsetSignalData = 255
Proposal.OnsetSignalPort = &H378

Then I inserted another Inline just after Proposal, with the following
code:

Proposal.OffsetSignalEnabled = True
Proposal.OffsetSignalData = 0
Proposal.OffsetSignalPort = &H378

It’s seems to be working, i.e. events are being marked on the skin
conductance screen.
However, I would like it to be differentiating between two events
(i.e. accept/reject). Participants press a different key for each
event.

How can I get E-Prime to do this?

Thank you very much.

Best,