creating a list from program's choices within a larger list

ttnicky ttnicky at gmail.com
Tue Mar 24 17:11:44 UTC 2009

I am creating an experiment where I have a target list of 17 pictures:
the program randomly chooses 10 of those pictures for display (I have
that part down ok). However, later in the experiment I do a
recognition test and I need to somehow differentiate the 10 pictures
already shown from the 7 not already shown, such that 7 of the old 10
items are randomly displayed with the 7 pictures not previously
displayed. I would just reset the list following the first
presentation and set it to pick 14 randomly from the list, but it's
important that I have 7 old and 7 new pictures displayed at random.
NOTE: pictures are displayed individually.

Any ideas? Thanks