words reappear from learning list in testing list

Yve y.chen0209 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 20 22:38:42 UTC 2009

Hi all,
I am working on building a memory experiment on E-prime.
Let say that I have 150 words that I want the subjects to learn. Those
150 words are selected from a word pool (~400w) randomly and also are
randomly assigned into 3 blocks, 50 words each non-repeating
(learning1, learning2 and learning3). I have figured out how to do
this step by using nested list (Thank you all!).

Then at testing phase, learned words will be mixed with new words
presented to participants for recognition judgment. ie 50words from
learning1 mixed with 50 new words --> together randomly present to
subjects.

I can do new words no problem, but when I am trying to get the 50words
from Learning list, I just can't do it!

I read other postings suggesting array and getPrevAttrib. I've
attempted writing scripts on my own, and I don't know  how to write
them right so it runs. (E-basic examples don't make sense to me:( )

Thank you so much in advance!

Yve