Creating Variables in Eprime

David McCoy david.b.mccoy at gmail.com
Tue Oct 27 13:55:21 UTC 2009

Hi,

I am programming an experiment that presents a word to the left or
right during an encoding phase. After about 40 or so of these words
being presented there is a retrieval phase where the subject sees
either the same words or new words presented in the center of the
screen. A dot appears on the left or right of the word and the subject
responds to it.

-I need to find a way to create a variable during the encoding phase
that will 'memorize' if a certain word is presented to the left or
right so that during the retrieval phase it can call it. For example,
when I analyze the data I need to filter the setting in the Edat file
so that I can look at the RT time for a dot that appears congruently
(dot on same side as encoding word), incongruently (dot on opposite
side as encoding word) and neutral.)

Is there a way of making a global variable that can input which side a
word is presented? So that words encoded on the left can be poured
into an attribute, encoding words on the right into another and from
there I can call those attributes in the retrieval phase?

Thanks.