Trouble playing sound files

David McFarlane mcfarla9 at msu.edu
Thu Apr 1 13:57:17 UTC 2010

Hannah, thanks for first going through the manual and making sure that
at least the sound tutorial works, that is always the first step.  As
one of my longstanding troubleshooting mottoes goes, "Better to start
from success than from failure."

Now just a slight correction, Michiel Spape wrote:
> E-Prime will only work with wave files, forget about all other
> formats

However, EP2 can use .mp3 and .wma sound files.  Mich, for good cause,
probably here refers to good old EP1, which indeed is limited to
standard .wav files.

Aside from that, I would follow Michiel's suggestions in full.  You
might also take this to PST's trained staff at
http://support.pstnet.com/e%2Dprime/support/login.asp -- they strive to
respond to all requests in 24-48 hours, and this is pretty much their
substitute for proper documentation, so make full use of it.