recording audio response - SoundCapture device not recognized

Shin-Yi Fang shinyi.fang at gmail.com
Thu Apr 22 15:56:48 UTC 2010

Hi,

I am using eprime to record voice for later scoring. You are right, there is
no sound input device in response option. I think the way to use it is
through "SoundIn" object. You can find SoundIn object in toolbox which can
be used independently or under Slide object.
Two thing might be worth mentioned. 1. recording require professional
version. 2. the microphone/line in option under sound device need to turn
on. The sound device setting depends on the sound card you use.
I did not use voice recognition or feedback. It will be nice to know if it
is possible.

Best,

Shin-Yi

On Tue, Apr 20, 2010 at 4:45 PM, mt <teachsmith at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi -
>
> I am setting up an experiment with vocal responses. We can easily
> capture response onset with SRBox and a mic. We would also like to
> capture the utterance (yes/no), possibly for voice recognition and
> feedback. What type of device is needed for this? I have tried using a
> mic on my simple Conexant SmartAudio Codec. The problem seems to be
> that e-prime has no way to write the audio file or it is not
> recognizing that the "SoundCapture" device I have "added" is present
> (It isn't an option as an 'input device' in the response options. I
> seem to be missing something basic about this.
>
> Has anyone recorded voice responses successfully? Any tricks to share?
> Assuming it is possible, has anyone used voice recognition for
> feedback on vocal responses?
>
> Thanks for anything you can share.
>
> Best,
> Cathy Smith