Pinout diagram for SR box

ndt joelsuss at gmail.com
Mon Apr 26 21:43:57 UTC 2010

Hi,

I am a grad student and new E-Prime user. I am using E-prime to
present auditory stimuli, to which participants need to provide a
verbal response. I want to record their responses, and also get a
voice RT.

I have constructed the experiment in E-prime, and just worked out that
to get a voice RT, I need to have an SR box, or something like it.

My department's electronic workshop already has a device (that they
made for a previous experiment) that will function like an SR box to
get the voice RTs. They just need to know which pins to wire it for so
that E-Prime will recognize it. My electronics knowledge is very
limited.

I have tried to find a pinout diagram on line, without any success. I
have trawled through this group, and have found posts like:
http://groups.google.com/group/e-prime/browse_thread/thread/d42447cfc9a061af/f4d681564452d0b5?lnk=gst&q=pin+out#f4d681564452d0b5
by David McFarlane, but the pin information contained therein didn't
seem (to my naive electronics mind) to be what I need. Why do I say
that? Because in that post it referred to pins with numbers greater
than 25, and from what I understand, the SR box uses a RS232 DB25
pinout.

I have emailed PST asking for a copy of the SR Box manual, but they
seem to have delays because they are experiencing a large volume of
requests.

Any assistance/advice/pointers would be appreciated.

Regards

Joel