E-DataAid

Michiel Spape Michiel.Spape at nottingham.ac.uk
Wed Aug 18 09:59:45 UTC 2010

Hi Andrew & David,
I've been using E-DataAid in E-Prime 1 (I think it is exactly the same as the one in E-Prime 2) for years and also find it quite stable, whether or not there are many lines (though processing/filtering takes longer with more rows, obviously). However, I agree with Andrew that column selecting/hiding and some collapsing operations aren't exactly perfect, and would suggest mainly working around this problem - firstly by design (I save important dependent variables as Y_..., so that they all get placed together), secondly by exporting to excel, and lastly by adding new variables (I don't think many know this is even possible). As for the last, it does get fairly tricky to actually get your data copy-pasted (for example, from excel to e-dataAid): make sure the level is correct (generally, I add new variables to the deepest level - trial or subtrial), that you filter AFTER adding new variables, that new variables tend to work better as being String type (even if they're numbers) and that the same number of cells are being copied (from excel, for instance) as you have selected to be pasted in E-DataAid.
Happy to (e-Data)aid! (groan)

Michiel Spapé
Research Fellow
Perception & Action group