Graphic Software for stimulus design

liwenna liwenna at gmail.com
Mon Jan 11 10:14:03 UTC 2010

Hi Tobias,

I don't really have a recommendation for you, I mostly repeat what
Liza tells. I love photoshop and used it a lot when I still had it on
my computer (recently switched to mac) and on my former university
where it was available to all computers. My current university however
does not have photoshop available on all computers yet only on a
selected few in a seperate 'media laboratory' computer room. I also
don't have photoshop at my private computer at home anymore and so I
switched to GIMP. It's free and it pretty much does everything
photoshop does. For people used to photoshop it is a bit
counterintuitive at times however. If I had abundant moneyflow I'd go
for photoshop, but lacking such a flow, GIMP absolutely suffices which
is pretty awesome for a free progam. Think of features like control
over imagesize and format(conversion), colours, saturation,
brightness, tools for 'photoshopping'; all kinds of filters, size
conversion etc etc. I think those tools will be used most and GIMP has
it all.

Best,

liw