Echo/ max count

Tobias tobias.fw at gmail.com
Thu Jan 28 17:45:52 UTC 2010

Hej,

I am having a problem using echo and max count. Wonder if anyone can
help...

This is my experiment: 2 letters are presented and participants are to
enter both of them. I found some topics in the forum that could help
me composing a decent version. However, there remains a problem:

Problem1

- if I use a high max count, st. like 100, people could just enter
many letters or at least more than 2 and then press the termination
response key (for me it's ENTER)
- if I use the excact number as max count, i.e. 2, the display will
terminate without the people being able to check what they answered.
Also, if people press BACKSPACE after the first letter, this will
terminate the display.

So put it clearly what I need: Participants should never see more than
2 letters on the screen (and only these two should be recorded in the
result file) and they should be able after the 2nd letter to still
change the entered letters if they encounter a mistake.

Problem 2

- how can I specify two correct answers in the response key options?
Can I enter two if max count > 1? will it also count ENTER as one
reponse if that is my termination response?