Echo/ max count

David McFarlane mcfarla9 at msu.edu
Thu Jan 28 18:33:49 UTC 2010

Tobias,

Thanks for a clear exposition of what you want.  Let's see if I can
offer anything useful.

Problem 1:  I can't think of an easy way in E-Prime for this.  On my
stimulus/response object I might try using and Duration of 0 with
extended input (see Appendix C of the User's Guide), that would allow
my program to go right to script where I could inspect and manipulate
the input.  For that you would want to read up on the InputMask and
related topics in the online E-Basic Help, and search aroung the
Group and the Forum for more threads that cover "multiple responses"
(also see MultipleResponseCollection.es in the PST Web Downloads area
or E-Prime Google Group files).  I don't quite know how you would
handle the Echo display, maybe you would skip the Echo and use an
attribute reference and object.Draw to redraw the screen as needed
after each key entry (and maybe use a Wait object for input, with a
display object for the echo).  Anyway, once you get an acceptable
response you could use .Terminate to stop the input
mask.  Whew!  Maybe somebody else has a better idea.

Problem 2:  liw & I just addressed this today at
http://groups.google.com/group/e-prime/browse_thread/thread/88ff4d154c205986
, and I am about to add a bit more to that thread.