Alternating procedures of experiment by subject

cogneuroisfun neuropsych76 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 1 16:04:24 UTC 2010

I know I'm bombarding this group with questions but I'm becoming much
more comfortable with this program so hopefully this is my last
question for awhile :)

I've searched other posts and I seem to find this exact problem. I'm
trying to alternate the procedures of my experiment by subject number.
So I have my trial list which works great finally but participants
will see my list of pictures twice. So I want the first time to be in
one order and then the second time in another order. (I'm using two
different neuroimaging techniques during the experiment)

I'm hoping to have something like this:

odd number subjects:
                        order 1- while in fMRI
                        order 2 - different imaging technique

even number subjects:
                     order 2- while in fMRI
                     order 1-while in different imaging technique

I'm adding a "group" in the startup info so I can differentiate
between whether the subject is in the fmri or other imaging
technique.

I just don't know how to have to different orders of my experiment in
one program that changes based off subject number and group number!

Thank you in advance!