Obscuring Black Software/Hardware Issue in E-Run

David McFarlane mcfarla9 at msu.edu
Mon Jun 14 18:08:07 UTC 2010

Stock reminder:  1) I do not work for PST.  2) PST's trained staff
takes any and all questions at
http://support.pstnet.com/e%2Dprime/support/login.asp , and they
strive to respond to all requests in 24-48 hours (although current
estimates are more like 10 days) -- this is pretty much their
substitute for proper documentation, so make full use of it.  3) If
you do get an answer from PST Web Support, please extend the courtesy
of posting their reply back here for the sake of others.

That said, here is my take...

1) Offhand, I would suspect a video driver issue.  Did this start
after last Tue (8 Jun 2010)?  Note that the second Tuesday of the
month is when Microsoft releases its monthly updates, and sometimes
this breaks things.  You might try using System Restore to roll your
system back to a configuration before last Tue.

2) Windows 7 64-bit?  In that case, all bets are off!  If you want to
do anything serious with E-Prime, then you have to get a computer
that runs good old Windows XP.  PST staff should have told you this.

public relations, for nature cannot be fooled."  (Richard Feynman,
Nobel prize-winning physicist)