Randomize Conditions in a "mere exposure effect /Perceptual fluency" Experiment

pan_work at yahoo.Fr pan_work at yahoo.Fr
Fri Mar 19 12:15:13 UTC 2010

 will try to describe simplify the protocol I'm trying to write. The
paradigm of mere exposure effect follows a mechanism in two steps: the
first is the presentation of a set of stimulus items (8 items
presented several times by a variable frequency of exposure), the
second step is the evaluation these stimuli. There is a first block
(mere exposure of stimuli) and a second block or each stimulus is
presented individually and measure the attitude of each subject for
all the stimuli of the battery.

So simple enough but it is clean everything must this be done by
random, to avoid any effect of order of stimuli.

In premoier block, therefore it is assigned a random stimuli with a
term frequency site exhibits - 4 terms, 1/3/6/9 - 38 exhibits from the
battery of items. There are two random to make the order and
assignment-frequency stimuli.

Then, the second block must have the 8 stimuli one by one but the
dependent variable will record the score as a function of frequency of
exposure ...

I then subjected to two points, the frequency assignment to present
the stimuli and the assignment to the frequency on the dependent
variable also ...

The headache Chinese, voila j'espere have been more clear on this last
message.

Thank you to those who take the time to read and whatever happens,
I'll post my Protcol if I happen to win it

Thank you all,