Fixed Order of Pictures

Michiel Spape Michiel.Spape at nottingham.ac.uk
Fri May 7 10:59:09 UTC 2010

Hiya,
Long-winded? How long do you suppose any answer would be to this question :) No, seriously, if you have gone through the tutorial, and maybe even our little guide, you might understand that what you are asking is indeed a little tricky on a number of levels:
1. Four pictures, dumped in a slide, but: clicking on them (oomph). There's an example in the e-prime online help thing where they have this hit-test for mouse-clicking operations. I'm sure it's here somewhere in this mailinglist as well, certainly discussed a few times. Just make sure you save the response.
2. Four clicks, not one, is most easily achieved (I say), by having four slides (with four hit-tests); just make copies of them by control+dragging them.
3. Four responses... If you have one attribute, say "CorrectResponse", and four responses to slides pic1 pic2 pic3 pic4, you could just do something like:
c.SetAttrib "Y_Resp", pic1.Resp & pic2.Resp & pic3.Resp & pic4.Resp.
if c.GetAttrib ("Y_Resp") = c.GetAttrib ("CorrectResponse") then c.SetAttrib "Y_ACC", 1 else c.SetAttrib "Y_ACC", 0
4. But of course, you want more than that, compare each response individually. Of course, you could just have four correct responses and 4 responses, so I suppose you'd end up with four "Y_resp"s (Y_resp1...4) and four "CorrResps" (CorrResp1..4).
5. Assuming you don't want to go for animations (in which case I'd suggest abandoning E-Prime altogether, because your whole thing is MUCH more easily achieved in Flash to begin with), you might do something like:
Dim I as integer
For I = 1 to 4
	If c.GetAttrib ("Y_Resp" & cstr(i)) = c.GetAttrib("CorrResp" & cstr(i)) then SoundWRONG.play else SoundRIGHT.play
Next I
... that is, assuming you have made two soundbuffers (SoundWrong and SoundRight), but this is pretty well documented in the ebasic help.

Best,
Mich

Michiel Spapé
Research Fellow