Button press during sound play

Melissa melissadawn.stockbridge at gmail.com
Tue May 18 18:49:21 UTC 2010

I am currently designing an experiment in which children are presented
with sentences that are read as they appear on screen.  Then, a
question appears and is read in a sound file, with two options of
answers, and a key press to designate the chosen answer.  However, I
am having trouble allowing the children to press a key (for my
reaction time measure) while the sound file plays (if they have
decided on the answer prior to the reading ending).  It seems to only
permit an answer input after the sound file is complete, which isn't
terribly helpful for reaction time data.  I have Eprime 1 now, though
I am in the process of getting Eprime 2.

I know this seems painfully simple, but I have read all of the
information I have found online in attempting to solve it.  So far, I
have had no luck.  Any advice would be very appreciated.  Thank you
all!