Complex (for me) randomization

ccbaye cblaison at gmail.com
Tue May 18 19:46:25 UTC 2010

Hi,

Thank you for your help! I didn't figure out the problem by myself.

I have a problem with a complex randomization. I would like my prog to
pick out randomly without replacement a stim from a list of different
male faces or different female faces at the block level, and than
conserve this chosen stim all along the individual trials bound to
this block. And so on for the successive blocks. Ultimately for each
block, participants would have to rate a face (the chosen stim) on
different scales (random presentation order without replacement);
before pursuing to the next block: rating of another face with the
same scales; etc.

I used some nested lists,  But, until now, my prog selects another
stim from the female or male faces list for each new trial. This is
not what I want: I want that the stim chosen once at the block level,
is used again and again for all the trials bound to this block. When
this block of trials is over, the prog should start the second block
and choose another face from the remaining stim of the face list, and
this face should again be used again and again for all block trials,
and so on. I can't attach the prog and the stims, but if someone was
to help me, I could send it.

Best,
Christophe