EEG Pulse Duration with Onsetsignal

Nate nateaschreiber at gmail.com
Tue Nov 16 18:40:30 UTC 2010

Hi-

I am trying to clear something up.  Right now I am sending triggers to
Biosemi via parallel port using the onsetsignal and offsetsignal
commands.  Please do not tell me to read the documentation on such and
such! I have done so...

So here is the situation:
In one instance, trigger 5 is sent at the onset of the presentation of
a text slide (which is synced to the vertical refresh of the monitor,
with a refresh rate of 85hz).  The slide is displayed for 1500ms.
On the offset of the slide (after 1500ms) the offsetsignal sends
trigger 0 to clear the port.

My question then is how long is the duration of the pulse sent to
Biosemi? Is it 1500 ms, or is it the pulse duration equivalent to the
refresh rate of the monitor (11.76ms)? Or something else...?