Sound files, Crashing, and Windows 7 (not as catchy as sun, sea and sangria) Update??

aoifemcloughlin fifilabouche at gmail.com
Tue Oct 5 15:58:31 UTC 2010

Hi all,

I've been running an experiment which has sound files included on a
machine using XP and it has been running fine. My university has now
updated all machines to Windows 7 (and my own personal laptop is on
windows 7) and now my experiment is crashing and the sound files won't
play or at best will play but delayed.

A quick search of this oh so useful forum informs me that this is a
common problem. Has anyone found a way around it that works?

I find it hard to believe that PST have not done anything to remedy
this problem which has been known about since the rough days when we
were confined to using Vista. Its unacceptable from them.

Any one any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Aoife