Wisconsin card sorting test

David McFarlane mcfarla9 at msu.edu
Fri Sep 3 16:28:40 UTC 2010

After casting about far & wide, I found a complete set of WCST
materials right here at my own institution.  So I am all set there
now, my thanks to everyone who replied.

Now I need to finish this project and submit it to STEP.  I will
probably do this in stages.  As stated earlier, programming the basic
control logic for merely administering the test is the easy part, and
I have that worked out already with a mere text-only
keyboard-response model.  Adding the graphics and improving the
response methods will take a little more tedious work.  I might
submit a first draft once I get that far.

Then the hard work comes when I add computation of all the customary
raw WCST scores.  With that accomplished I would consider the project
finished -- I have no hope of going the extra yard to have it convert
raw summary scores into demographically corrected normed scores, for
that users will need to consult the Wisconsion Card Sorting Test
Manual, Revised and Expanded, by Robert K. Heaton et al. (1993),
Psychological Assessment Resources, Inc., Lutz, Florida, USA, or use
WCST scoring software.