(Not) Understanding edat time variable(s)

David McFarlane mcfarla9 at msu.edu
Fri Sep 3 18:21:20 UTC 2010

Jason,

Oops, let's clarify that for the record -- I never said that I never
came across such "variables" (the correct term is "attribute",
variables are something very different and we must not get them mixed
up) in IFIS, I only said that I had never come across such attributes
in standard E-Prime .edat files.  Those attributes may very well be a
standard part of IFIS, but my memory of IFIS is so painful that I do
not care to recall such details.  It would make more sense to re-post
this thread as "(Not) Understanding IFIS time attribute(s)".

As to my little writeup, well, I might just dredge that up and send
it to you separately, as long as you promise not to ask me any
further questions about it.  But that will have to wait -- it's 2:15p
here in the Easter Time Zone of the USA, I have not had lunch, I have
been officially off duty since 1p, I am sitll facing a flurry and
backlog of e-mail, and I have tons of other work to take care of for
others.  So you will understand if I treat this as low
priority.  Maybe some time after the weekend.  In the meantime, see
what you can make of the IFIS documentation yourself.

Regards,