Tower of hanoi task

Luke l.crooymans at gmail.com
Thu Apr 28 15:18:31 UTC 2011

A part of my research will require participants to do a tower of hanoi
task. I found the task here: http://step.psy.cmu.edu/scripts-plus/
(#19).

I think the problem is caused by e-prime conversion. After converting
the file to a e-prime 2.0 compatible version, running it gives me a
run time error after the first screens. This was not the case with e-
prime 1.0 (my thesis mentor has used the task for a previous
experiment).

The error i get is "Factor error: load function only permitted with
LoadMethod of ebLoadMethodfile (12101).
Line 881, error # -999.
After browsing these forums a bit i figured Paul Groot (the author)
used the embedded load function to keep the script small, but
ActionList.Load should work with that (i havent found any indication
why it shouldn't).

I plan on starting my experiments next week, so time is of the
essence. Hopefully someone here is able to help me out with this
problem and I can get things rolling.

thanks in advance
Luke