Randomized selection of stimuli across trials

Paul Groot pfc.groot at gmail.com
Mon Aug 8 08:13:12 UTC 2011

Hi Halle,

You probably would like to use a separate Word list and include it as
nested list in your TrialList. Then add 3 separate attributes in the
trial list (Word1, Word2, Word3). The values of these attributes are
resp. [Word:0], [Word:1], [Word:2] (all trials the same). These will
pull 3 random words from the nested Word list and copy the values to
the attributes: Word1, Word2, Word3. Then use these 3 attributes in
your display objects as usual (i.e. resp [Word1], [Word2], [Word3]).
That should do it...

The attached EPrime 1.2 example demonstrates this mechanism. (You can
also import this script in EPrime 2)

Best,
Paul