E-DataAid crashing

Matt Paffel mpaffel at gmail.com
Fri Jun 3 14:11:38 UTC 2011

Hi Everyone, Thank you all for the input. Thankfully I was able to
recover the data using E-Recovery with the .txt files. Here is PST's
response if this should ever happen to anyone else:

"Unfortunately, it seems as though the data files became corrupt, but
it is not clear why. We have had users report this before, and I have
also seen it happen myself, but it is a pretty rare occurrence. Since
you have found a way to regenerate the data files, you should now have
access to all of your data files. If the problem is no longer
occurring, I would say that this was most likely one of those rare
occurrences (especially since nothing in your information above points
to a single cause)."

Additionally, should anyone have a similar problem in the future:

"We have had users report that emailing data files, transferring them
to a flash drive, etc. has caused them to become corrupt. If you need
to email files, for example, you should ZIP them into a ZIP file and
email the .ZIP. If you need to transfer them from one machine to the
next, you can also burn the files to a CD to transfer them. In any
case, you will want to save the files locally to the machine to which
they have been transferred before opening them (i.e., do not open them
directly from the external media or email)."