Logging multiple incorrect responses and their RT

Gilgamesh fblanco81 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 23 20:58:56 UTC 2011

Hello everybody,
I am currently programming a sequence learning task. It should work as
follows:
1) Slide presenting stimulus. Responses are made via the keyword.
2) If the answer is correct, then it jumps to next trial.
3) If the answer is incorrect, then a sound is played and the slide
stays on the screen.

I have come up with several ways of doing this, but they are all
unsatisfactory. The main problem is that I would like to log the
number of incorrect responses as well as their reaction times. I
wonder whether there is an elegant way of programming this.

So far, my best attempt involves crazily looping: If slide.ACC = 0,
then it jumps to a label placed right before the slide. The only RT
that I am able to collect this way is that of the last, correct,
response. The number of cycles in the loop (updated by a script)
serves as a means to know the number of errors, but the RT data are
overwritten on each cycle. In sum, awful solution.

I'm sure it must be an elegant way to (a) make advancement of the
slide contingent on the correct response and (b) collect both the
number of incorrect attempts and their RTs.
Any suggestion?

Thanks in advance,
Fernando