programming a test for assessing order memory

Antonello Puglia antonello.puglia at gmail.com
Fri Mar 25 09:50:11 UTC 2011

Hi Signy,
I had the same problem, but with 9 pictures. I tried this and it works!
Check it out
 This can be done using a nested List object. For example, you would have
your TrialList set up with 9 attributes (e.g., Image1, Image2, etc or
words). In the Nested column of the TrialList, you would enter StimList.
This will create a new nested List object. Inside the StimList, add 8 rows
to make 9 total, and add a single attribute named "Stim". Under the Stim
attribute, list all of the possible image files that will be presented on
the Slide. Click the Property Pages icon and set the sampling to random.

In the TrialList, you will use colon syntax to sample 9 items randomly from
the StimList. Under the Image1 attribute, enter [Stim:0] under Image2, enter
[Stim:1] and so on up to [Stim:8]. At run-time, E-Prime will select the
sequence of images randomly.

On your Slide object, each SlideImage sub-object should have its filename
property set to [Image1] [Image2] and so on. E-Prime will randomly select
the image presented in each SlideImage, creating a different sequence for
each subject.

Please be sure to take a look at the E-Prime User's Guide for more
information on nested List objects and colon syntax.

I hope that this has been helpful.
Best regards                Antonello