presenting a movie

David Vinson d.vinson at ucl.ac.uk
Mon Oct 17 15:23:28 UTC 2011

Hi Meltem,

Sorry to say that I'm afraid your best course of action is to try
different video formats.
If you run the Codec Config tool on your problematic video this may help
to identify what the problem is.

You might also find some useful information in this thread from July:
http://groups.google.com/group/e-prime/browse_thread/thread/0338b7e9ceec5d22

good luck,
david

On 17/10/2011 15:53, Meltem BALLAN wrote:
> David,
> Thank you very much for the hint. Unfortunately, it has not been
> working. I am using mpg format which is the format suggested by PST. I
> can only load the demo videos but nothing else. I developing a series
> of experiment for infants and need some attention grabber objects
> (fixation-like). It does not need to be a fancy video or something
> just moving shapes or so between 300 and 800 ms.
> The other experiment is an open eye state (some call it resting but
> not sure). I am showing a series of videos for 10 min and recording
> EEG. I cannot get any of my experiments going in E-PRIME w/ video. The
> error message is a RUNTIME ERROR. An error occurs while attempting to
> load the movie. Marker: 242 Error: 0 (0x0)
> Line:202 Error number:11053.
> There must be a way to solve it. I contacted PST once and no solution
> offered. I will try to bug them again.
> Cheers,
> Meltem
>
> On Mon, Oct 17, 2011 at 4:45 AM, David Vinson <d.vinson at ucl.ac.uk
> <mailto:d.vinson at ucl.ac.uk>> wrote:
>
>     Hi,
>
>     Presenting movies successfully can be a huge challenge in E-Prime,
>     mainly related to compatibility issues.
>
>     The very first step is to create the simplest possible experiment
>     which displays only your movie and nothing else.  If this does not
>     work you may need to convert the movie into some other format.
>
>     hope this helps,
>     david
>

>     On 14/10/2011 20:21, Meltem BALLAN wrote:
>
>         Hello Again,
>         I have been trying to present a movie  which is 9 min 40 sec
>         and I am receiving an error which is :
>         Run-time Error (Line 838) 11053: An error occurred while
>         attempting to load the movie
>         Marker: 227
>         Error: -2147220891 <tel:2147220891> (0x80040265)
>         I am doing exactly what I was told on the documentations. I
>         email PST couple of times and no solution yet. Any idea? Has
>         anyone solved this issue yet ?
>         Thank you again.
>         Meltem
>
>         --
>         Meltem Ballan, PhD
>         Department of Psychiatry, CB# 7160
>         University of North Carolina School of Medicine
>         7023 Neurosciences Hospital
>         Chapel Hill, NC 27599-7160
>         --
>

>     --
>     David Vinson, Ph.D.
>     Senior Postdoctoral Researcher
>     Cognitive, Perceptual and Brain Sciences Research Department
>     University College London
>     26 Bedford Way, London WC1H 0AP
>     Tel +44 (0)20 7679 5311 <tel:%2B44%20%280%2920%207679%205311>
>      (UCL internal ext. 25311)
>

>     --
>

> --
> Meltem Ballan, PhD
> Department of Psychiatry, CB# 7160
> University of North Carolina School of Medicine
> 7023 Neurosciences Hospital
> [...]

Tel +44 (0)20 7679 5311  (UCL internal ext. 25311)