Stimuli/ Triggers/ Timing difficulties

David McFarlane mcfarla9 at msu.edu
Fri Apr 20 16:55:03 UTC 2012

At 4/20/2012 12:45 PM Friday, Douglas wrote:
>Stimulus OnsetTime is given by E-Prime in the Spreadsheet at the end
>of the experiment (*.edat2).
>And as for the Trigger OnsetTime, we are using c.setattrib
>"condtime", Clock.ReadMillisec (we placed this in the same inline
>that send the triggers)

I would not completely trust your Clock.ReadMillisec here, as there
may be delays in program execution between Stimulus.OnsetTime and
execution of your c.SetAttrib command.

Now, I hate to repeat myself, but...

>Now, Do you think there is a way to know the exact time E-Prime
>presents the stimulus on the screen?

Again, you need an oscilloscope and a local electrical engineer to
help you with that.

>How much do you think the difference is between the Stimulus
>OnsetTime and the exact time the Stimulus is actually presented?

And again, YOU MUST STUDY CHAPTER 3 OF THE USER'S GUIDE BEFORE
PURSUING THIS FURTHER!!!!!!!!!!

-- David McFarlane