feedback display problem with incorrect state

David McFarlane mcfarla9 at msu.edu
Fri Apr 20 16:47:56 UTC 2012

Oh, it occured to me that you might like a
workaround so that you can get on with your work
until PST fixes this in a later realease.  The
workaround is simple, and obvious.  In an InLine
after your Stimulus and before your Feedback,
place the following code (I have tailored this to
your example program; others may have to edit the
name of Feedback to match their programs):

     ' Code to workaround FeedbackDisplay image load bug in EP2.0.10.182.
     If Stimulus.ACC = 1 Then  ' Correct
         Feedback.ActiveState = "Correct"
     Else  'Incorrect or No Response
         If Len(Stimulus.RESP) > 0 Then  ' Incorrect
             Feedback.ActiveState = "Incorrect"
         Else  ' No Response
             Feedback.ActiveState = "NoResponse"
         End If
     End If

Also, make sure that you set PreRelease on
Feedback to 0 (instead of the new default of
"(same as duration)"), or else this will not
work; or, add code to this inline to ensure that
it waits for a response (which I think harder to do).

-----
David McFarlane
E-Prime training
online:  http://psychology.msu.edu/Workshops_Courses/eprime.aspx