Running a background script

Raghav raghav.destiny at gmail.com
Wed Feb 15 18:21:38 UTC 2012

Hello!

I have a change detection stimulus set running on Eprime. i.e. image,
blank, changed image, blank..looping continuously..as of now I have a
sequence of imagedisplay objects with a Goto statement at the end that
goes to a label before the first image. This is working perfectly

I am trying to run a script parallelly that gets eye gaze data from an
eye tracker. This script is a clocked loop that runs every 50
milliseconds and gets data from the tracker and adds an attribute with
the timestamp and gazepositions to the trial. I have this script
written and it is working nicely on its own.

If i try adding an inline object with my eyegaze script (timed loop)
anywhere within my change detection stimulus loop, the experiment
crashes. How do I run this eye gaze script in the background without
disrupting the goto loop of the images? Should I go about creating a
subroutine of some sort ?

My eye gaze script uses 'c.setattrib' to add colums to my edat file
for every eye tracker gaze position of relevance.

Any assistance with this would be most appreciated!

Raghav Sundar