Looping Slide States

David McFarlane mcfarla9 at msu.edu
Thu Feb 23 03:51:06 UTC 2012

Raghav,

Using a Goto (probably with an If-Then) seems like a perfectly good way
to do this in E-Prime.  If you felt better using a more standard "Do...
Loop Until" loop or the like, then you could put the "Do..." in an
inline at the start of the loop, and the "Loop Until..." in another
inline at the end of the loop, but that might look a little weird to
other EP programmers.

Alternatively, sometimes when I want to do a repeating loop in E-Prime I
just do it with another List.  I put the objects that I want to loop
into a Procedure, and put that Procedure in a List with one row.  I can
use the Weight to run the loop a specific number of times, or run the
List with an arbitrarily high Weight or Terminate condition and use
inline code (List.Terminate) to programmatically end the loop.

Just weighing in with more ideas for the E-Prime toolbox.

-- David McFarlane