Simple Timing Issue

David McFarlane mcfarla9 at msu.edu
Wed Jun 20 14:58:11 UTC 2012

If you look on the Reset/Exit tab of the Properties Pages for your
List object, under Exit List you will see an option for "After n
seconds".  Give that a try.  That will end the List after the
specified number of seconds, although it will still allow the subject
to complete their last trial even if it runs over the time limit.  If
you really want to cut the last trial short, then you will have to
set the Duration of your stimuli to 0 (or set PreRelease >=
Duration), and then handle all the timing in inline code.

-----
David McFarlane
E-Prime training
online:  http://psychology.msu.edu/Workshops_Courses/eprime.aspx
Twitter:  @EPrimeMaster (twitter.com/EPrimeMaster)

/----
Stock reminder:  1) I do not work for PST.  2) PST's trained staff
take any and all questions at
http://support.pstnet.com/e%2Dprime/support/login.asp , and they
strive to respond to all requests in 24-48 hours -- this is pretty
much their substitute for proper documentation, so make full use of
it.  3) In addition, PST takes questions at their Facebook page
(http://www.facebook.com/pages/Psychology-Software-Tools-Inc/241802160683
), and offers several instructional videos there and on their YouTube
channel (http://www.youtube.com/user/PSTNET ) (no Twitter feed yet,
though).  4) If you do get an answer from PST staff, please extend
the courtesy of posting their reply back here for the sake of others.
\----