Storing responses

Anne-Wil liwenna at gmail.com
Sat May 26 14:06:56 UTC 2012

How about something like this....

Following the first two phases create a list for the learningphase called..
relearningphaselist (or something the like) that has two levels. Set the
weight for both levels on 30 and set the list to random order. Now into
these two levels nest two lists called phase1rememberedlist and
phase1notrememberedlist (again... or something the like). Give them 1
attribute called stimulus (or whatever name you like to store your
stimuluswords in) and leave them empty and single-leveled.

On the user tab of script window create two variables that will keep track
of the number of items that were remembered and not remembered:

***
dim nremembered as integer
dim nnotremembered as integer

****

Now following the slide in which it is determined whether someone did or
did not remember, add an inline that will write that current trials' value
of "stimulus" (or whatever name you use for the attribute that holds your
stimuluswords) to either of the two lists based on correct response to that
slide (which I suppose is what you want).

****
If testslide.acc = 1 Then

nremembered = nremembered + 1

phase1rememberedlist.AddLevel

phase1rememberedlist.SetWeight nremembered, "1"

phase1rememberedlist.SetProc nremembered, "trialproc"

phase1rememberedlist.SetAttrib nremembered, "stimulus", c.getattrib
"stimulus"

End If

If testslide.acc = 0 Then

nnotremembered = nnotremembered + 1

phase1notrememberedlist.AddLevel

phase1notrememberedlist.SetWeight nnotremembered, "1"

phase1notrememberedlist.SetProc nnotremembered, "trialproc"

phase1notrememberedlist.SetAttrib nnotremembered, "stimulus", c.getattrib
"stimulus"

End If

*****

What I think the above script will do is add a level to either one of the
two lists and set all the values that need to be set. The count variables
(nremembered and nnonremembered) tell the script which level of the lists
are being altered and this is dependent on the number of correctly or
incorrectly remembered items.

Now only one thing is still needed before the start of phase three (that
uses the newly created lists). These should be 'reimplemented' which is
done by the following code that tells e-prime the amount of levels
(nremembered/nnotremembered) and that these form a single cycle. At the
reset command e-prime will reload the new lists (rather than using the
empty lists that it generated when the run was initiated).  Put this code
in an inline inbetween the testphaselist and the relearningphaselist on the
procedure that holds both lists (presumably sessionproc).

****
Set phase1rememberedlist.TerminateCondition = Cycles(1)

Set phase1rememberedlist.ResetCondition = Samples(nremembered)

phase1rememberedlist.Reset

Set phase1notrememberedlist.TerminateCondition = Cycles(1)

Set phase1notrememberedlist.ResetCondition = Samples(nnotremembered)

phase1notrememberedlist.Reset
****

I dare not make much promises, I based this code from other posts on
similar problems (mainly Gilis code here:
https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups#!topic/e-prime/elFvbnRAA7I )
and I can't test it from were I am now, but I think the above should work
or almost (and that's often the tricky part >.<) work.

Please let me know,

Anne-Wil