first cycle terminated too early in list object

marianna boros fridaferi at gmail.com
Sun Oct 28 19:23:47 UTC 2012

Hi everyone,

I`m quite new to e-prime, and I`ve got a problem that I cannot fix.
I have a procedure that shows strings of three types of stimuli: letters,
numbers and symbols, and each type of stimuli is in a separate nested list
of a list object called TypeChoice. Now before running the actual
experiment I run a quasi staircase procedure to adjust the stimulus
duration time. After running the staircase procedure, the program jumps
back to the beginning (using go to label) and starts the actual experiment
with the computed stimulus duration. All work fine except that when
starting the actual experiment, the first cycle of the TypeChoice list
quits after the first sample, and then for the next cycles it runs all the
three samples as set in the reset/exit window. I encounter the same problem
even if I don`t run the staircase procedure, just start from the
experiment, and then run it again using the go to label. So the procedure
is ok if I run it for the first time, but when I start again after the goto
label, the first cycle is terminated always too early.

Hope this is clear, and someone could help me finding (the problem and) the
solution.

Thanks in advance,

Marianna

--