How to randomize the trial order under constraints

Pelham pelham.carter at gmail.com
Mon Sep 3 13:40:50 UTC 2012

Sorry I can't help Johanna but I have a similar question so I'm going to
stick it here in the hopes someone can help us both (it'd be quite useful
for me to know what the answer for yours is too). They're quite similar.

I have 12 stimuli (images) that I want to present in three blocks/cycles,
randomly under constraints. My constraint being that if for example object
11 is randomly selected to be the first image presented in the first cycle,
that it is also the first image presented in the next two.

Thanks in advance!
Pel