Position of mouse click responses

David McFarlane mcfarla9 at msu.edu
Tue Sep 25 20:07:53 UTC 2012

Filiz,

First, as a general rule, you cannot treat code
examples as literal incantations to evoke your
desired result.  In this case, "Stimulus" is the
name of a particular stimulus object
(TextDisplay, Slide, etc.) in the example, you
need to either replace that with the name of the
stimulus object in your program, or name your
stimulus object "Stimulus".  Otherwise, the "Unknown function Stimulus" error.

Next, by "store the coordinates", your code
sample already does that with the two c.SetAttrib
commands, and they will appear in those
attributes in your .edat file.  See chapter 4
"Using E-Basic" of the original User's Guide (now
ch. 5 in the latest edition), and pay attention to the c.SetAttrib command.

-----
David McFarlane
E-Prime training
online:  http://psychology.msu.edu/Workshops_Courses/eprime.aspx
Twitter:  @EPrimeMaster (https://twitter.com/EPrimeMaster)

/----
Stock reminder:  1) I do not work for PST.  2)
PST's trained staff take any and all questions at
http://support.pstnet.com/e%2Dprime/support/login.asp
, and they strive to respond to all requests in
24-48 hours -- this is pretty much their
substitute for proper documentation, so make full
use of it.  3) In addition, PST takes questions
at their Facebook page
(http://www.facebook.com/pages/Psychology-Software-Tools-Inc/241802160683
), and offers several instructional videos there
and on their YouTube channel
(http://www.youtube.com/user/PSTNET ) (no Twitter
feed yet, though).  4) If you do get an answer
from PST staff, please extend the courtesy of
posting their reply back here for the sake of others.
\----