Conditional Jump Label not working

Tina depechemoder at gmail.com
Fri Dec 20 22:13:29 UTC 2013

Hi all,

I am trying to set up a paradigm where participants will see several slides
only if they respond to a previous slide ("TextDisplay1") with the number
2. I have tried using the Jump Label technique by adding two keyboards and
setting the input for one of them to be for 2 and another for the other
Jump for the first keyboard, with the appropriate Jump Label ("Label1") and
then terminate for the second keyboard. However, it applies the Jump Label
to both keyboards for some reason. I've tried removing the Label for the
second keyboard but this removes it from the first keyboard as well.
Basically, right now, if participants answer with "2" or "q" or "w" they
will be shown the additional slides. How do I change this so it only jumps
only if participants answer with "2"?

I've also tried using an inline script before the label instead of going
through the GUI. My knowledge of E-Basic is lacking to say the least, so
I've tried the following:
"If TextDisplay1.resp=2 Then
GoTo Label1
End If"

This results in a "Type Mismatch" error.

Any suggestions? I would REALLY appreciate any help!

Thanks all,
Tina