Slide with soundin and image: audio size issues

Sylvain symadec at gmail.com
Fri Feb 22 00:26:40 UTC 2013

Hello all,

I have a problem with the latest version of EP2(2.0.10.242).
A typical trial procedure is as follow:

- first a fixation cross appear for a duration of 200 ms (pre-realease set
at the stim duration);

- then a blank screen of a jittered duration appears (the jittered duration
has been computed before, not online, the pre-realease is set also at the
stim duration);

- then a Slide appear with two sub-objet: an image and a SlideSoundIn. I
want my participants to give the name of the image, taking advantage of the
SRS box vocal responses, and have the Slide disappearing; but I also want
to record, with the SlideSoundIn sub-object, the whole signal audio. I set
the duration of the Slide to 1000 ms maximum, and for the SlideSoundIn I've
chosen a buffer of 1000 ms, set "Stop after" to no, and "EndSoundCaptureAction"
to none. However, I notice that when I do that, automatically I see the
"Stop after mode" staying on "NextOnsetTime" (pre-realease for the slide
set at the stim duration);

- then an ITI of 1 sec appears (pre-realease for the slide set at the stim
duration).

Doing that, I noticed that my audio signal from the SlideSoundIn sub-object
always ended before reaching 1000 ms.

My question are:

1) Do you think that even though I set the "Stop after" of the SlideSoundIn
to "no" (I'm 100% sure I did that, several times) the recording could stop
during the ITI onset or pre-realease of it? If not, what could have I done
wrong?

2) In order to get rid of this issue, I replaced the ITI screen by a sleep
inline. Does the recording of the SlideSoundIn continue during a sleep?
Maybe it could be a solution to this issue.

Thank you for any advices and answers.

Sylvain