Changing a list upon a subject response, and doing so by stepping in and out of a list or several li

Uri Berger bergeruri at gmail.com
Tue Feb 26 12:23:01 UTC 2013

Hi all

I am stuck

In my task the participant plays against a semi smart agent (the computer)
in a game which requires the participant to make a binary decision (a
yes/no response). After the participant gave the response the computer
reacts to the participant’s response in a finite number of cycles (trials),
and a finite number of options (two in the “yes” condition, one in the “no”
condition). In addition the computer responses should be random within the
finite number of cycles and options’ limits.
For example

Triel1; Player -> press “0”; Computer -> random press “0”
Triel2; Player -> press “1”; Computer -> random press “0”
Triel3; Player -> press “1”; Computer -> random press “1”
Triel4; Player -> press “1”; Computer -> random press “0”
Triel5; Player -> press “1”; Computer -> random press “1”

Although this task can be fully designed with a series of inline codes and
flags, I rather make it the old fashion way. As I understand, this will
require an inline which will send the participant to list “A” for response
“A” and list “B” for response “B”. In addition, within these lists only one
trial will be carried and after this trial the task will go back to the
participant response and so on. However the list object must remember which
response was carried so it may not be repeated twice. Finally the task will
be done when only one of the lists has been fully responded to.

List A (player response "0") : has 10 lines in which the computer response
is always "0".
List B (player response "1") : has 3 lines in which the computer response
is "0" one time and "1" two times.

Triel1; Player -> press “0”; Computer -> goto list “A” random response from
list (0) -> go participant’s selection phase.
Triel2; Player -> press “1”; Computer -> goto list “B” random response from
list (0) -> go participant’s selection phase.
Triel3; Player -> press “0”; Computer -> goto list “A” random response from
list (0) -> go participant’s selection phase.
Triel4; Player -> press “1”; Computer -> goto list “B” random response from
list (1)-> go participant’s selection phase.
Triel5; Player -> press “1”; Computer -> goto list “B” random response from
list (1) -> end of list B -> finish task

My problems are:
1. How do you use the goto function with lists
2. How do you step in a list carry one trial step out and then go back
again while the lists “remember” your last “visit”.
3. I guess there are more thing I have not thought of