Listening span in E-prime (any help would be very valuable to me)

Ale Sabou alesab at gmail.com
Mon Jan 14 22:31:31 UTC 2013

Firstly I want to thank you for your answer. I kept trying these days to
find a proper solution for both problems, So here's where I am:

*(Q1)*: I talked with my professor  today and we decided to record the
sessions in order to better analyze the respose time data afterwards.
But that will be a very time consuming option and it would be easier to
have also a good way to measure RT with E-prime. It's true that having the
subject press or release the button in the end of the recall part omits the
pauses between words he recalled (the recall block range from one to six
words  to be recalled after the list of sentences end). Concerning the data
collection I will be doing that part too; I guess I could press or release
a button after each word recall so I can have a more accurate measure. How
can that be implemented in E-prime? to have a continuos recall after each
separate block of sentences and to make it stop when necessary? because it
will vary depending on number of words to recall and also subject's answer..

I will ask also about the SRBox although I think someone else from the lab
is using it.

*(Q2)*; I wanted to ask how can I make E-prime show a RECALL slide after
varying number of sentence presentation? So maybe in one block of sentences
I have 4 sentences each referring to a slide which records
correct/incorrect answer. Then,  I want the recall slide to appear asking
 the subject to recall the last 4 words from each sentence and record the
RT after pressing SPACE.
 E-prime should know somehow to vary the presentation of that Recall slide
depending on the number of sentences/block (from 1-6). How can that be set
in E-prime?

Example:

Block with 4 sentences (audio):

1) 'Oranges are made of iron' refers to---> slide 1 (where a true/false
answer is made via keyboard)
2) 'Dogs bark'---> Slide 1
3) 'Pigs can fly'---> Slide 1
4) 'Bicycles have fingers'----> Slide 1

Recall Block---->Slide presentation (where the subject is asked to verbally
recall the last words of each sentence in the right order) and RT recorded
with SPACE press

* To sum up how can the following be set in E-prime?*

A) show this Recall slide after varying length of Block of sentences (after
1-6 sentences depending on block)
B) to allow several SPACE presses or releases after each word vocalization
in the recall block (as we decided it's more accurate like this). And also
how to make E-prime know when the recall block is over and can go on with
the next block of sentences. Because that can vary also on subjects ability
to recall the words...

If anyone has other ideas for the RT they are welcomed:)
Thanks a lot,
Alexandra