Processing icon won't stop spinning (MAC) Processing icon won't disappear (PC)

Michiel Sovijärvi-Spapé mspape at cognitology.eu
Thu Aug 28 19:26:05 UTC 2014

Hi,

Do other (like the examples) experiments work? Otherwise it makes little sense to discuss what may or may not be the problem in your particular experiment.

Notice that a mac keyboard works perfectly fine on a PC as well (if it’s USB, partly a Microsoft design btw). As far as I know, you’re the only one around to run E-Prime on a Mac :) You could, of course, pick up an ancient PC with XP or WIN98SE installed with a solid 100 Hz CRT monitor over at most 2nd hand shops and it might be better for your experiment even – I generally take the IT helpdesk’s discarded junk for my lab. I’m just saying this because it might, in the end, be that OSX runs about as well on a “PC” (i.e. a non-mac) as Windows does on a Mac – does its job, but no bells or whistles, while the alternative is cheap and for many reasons of timing, preferred.

Best,

Michiel