Re-using the same 'random' order later in an experiment

Chad Fernandez chad.s.fernandez at gmail.com
Mon Jun 9 16:23:56 UTC 2014

Hello forums,

I have created a program using e-prime 2.0 that shows participants a set of
10 images one at a time in a random order.  I used a nested list and the
random option from the sequencing drop-down menu, and it works perfectly.
 Each image is loaded from the file location and is presented randomly.
 However at the end of the experiment I am hoping to be able to show the
participants smaller versions of all 10 images (on the same screen) with
them labelled 1-10, in the same order they originally saw them in.  The
reason being is there is a manipulation that we are checking for and if
they failed the manipulation, we want to know which image they failed it
on.  The order is important because we may be able to use the data - if the
participant failed the manipulation on the 10th image - for the other nine
images.

I have no idea if this is even possible and I would also like to add that
my extent of e-prime knowledge extends to only the point-and-click so far.
 I am starting to learn manual coding, but the learning curve there is much
steeper than just the point and click.  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Chad