Triggering the No/Go response on inline

Paul Groot pfc.groot at gmail.com
Tue Jun 24 13:45:27 UTC 2014

Hi Enrico,

Does your paradigm really allow multiple responses on a single stimulus?
Your script checks the value of the latest response, which would be
over-complicated in case the maximum number of allowed responses is 1.
Also, if there are no responses, your script will fail because it tries to
read the value of the last element of the response array, which will not
exist if there are no elements! So, to simplify the script you should
use TResp.RESP instead of TResp.Responses(TResp.Responses.count).resp.

Also be aware that comparison will be case sensitive. And instead of using
if-then, you could use Select-Case. Combining it all together:

Select Case UCase$(TResp.RESP)
Case "S"
Trisp=1
Case "L"
Trisp=2
Case ""
Trisp=3
Otherwise
Debug.Print "Unexpected reponse: " & TResp.RESP
End Select

Or combining the other lines as well:

Dim code as Integer

Select Case UCase$(TResp.RESP)
Case "S"
code = 51
Case "L"
code = 52
Case ""
code = 50
Otherwise
Debug.Print "Unexpected reponse: " & TResp.RESP
        code = 0
End Select

if code>0 then
   writeport 888, code
   sleep 5
   writeport 888, 0
end if

Best
Paul

PS. Note that nonzero pre-release times will be problematic if this inline
is used immediately after TResp.