"NULL" as my first logged answer when using "c.SetAttrib"

Marie-France Larsson marie-france.larsson at miun.se
Tue Jun 24 13:59:09 UTC 2014

Hi!
I was wondering if someone else encountered this problem. I used the code
below in order to log which picture a participant clicks on (the answer
choices in this experiment are images on a slide). For a reason that I do
not quite understand, the answers are logged in my data output, BUT, the
first answer is always "NULL", and the answers are then logged on the wrong
row (they are displaced one row down so that the answer provided for trial
1 is logged on the row of trial 2, and so on, meaning that the last answer
is not logged at all). Anything in my code that looks wrong to you, or any
suggestion? This is the very first time I ever program an experiment at
all, so I feel like there are probably a lot of things I might be doing
wrong!

Code:

Dim theState As SlideState
Set theState = EmotionIdentification.States("Default")
Dim strHit As String
Dim providedAnswer As MouseResponseData

If EmotionIdentification.InputMasks.Responses.Count > 0 Then

Set providedAnswer =
CMouseResponseData(EmotionIdentification.InputMasks.Responses(1))

strHit = theState.HitTest(providedAnswer.CursorX, providedAnswer.CursorY)

c.SetAttrib "ClickedAnsKey", strHit

End If