Random trial presentation from two Block list with different trial procedures & Incomplete Execution

Dilip Kumar kumar.dilip86 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 26 03:42:58 UTC 2014

Hi,

I have designed an experiment with two block list with different trial
procedures. Each block list has 30 trials and different timeline due to
different trial design. I am trying to get the random trial presentation in
the run to create unpredictability. This is what I have done so far,

I have set the weight to 30 in master block list 'A' for both trial block
lists 'B & C'. I have set the each 30 trial block list 'B & C' with 1 cycle
equals 30 samples from reset/ext tab. I have set the block list 'A'
selection order to Random to get blended trial presentation from lists 'B &
C'.

I've used IFIS Paradigm Design Wizard with E-prime 1.1 version to design
this experiment. It has its own experiment design structure which I somehow
managed to incorporate my design into it. The problem I have now is that
the experiment runs only for 16 trial from a total of 60 (30 trials from 'B
& C' each) in a single run and continues until I choose exit at the end of
each 16 trial run. I am also not sure whether my design will be able to
show a mixture of all 60 trials without repeating any of them.

Can someone help me address these two issue?

Best Regards,
Dilip