Sound Capture Recording Quality

Nina nina.gumkowski at gmail.com
Mon Mar 3 15:42:22 UTC 2014

I am using the sound capture feature to make recordings for a prosody
production experiment. Currently we have a Shure M10A headset mic plugged
into a Rolls MP13 mini-mic preamp connected to the computer (with just the
built in sound card that came with the pc).
There is a lot of noise but if I turn on the noise suppression feature it
does not pick up the higher frequencies. Does anyone have suggestions on
how to collect high quality recordings through the computer?

Thank you,
Nina